Saturday, February 10, 2007

A Bug's Life

So I’m sitting here wondering. Wondering. Haven’t quite figured out what I’m wondering about. But I’m wondering.

If you’re ever bored you should read something on wikipedia. There’s bound to be something out in the world that’s of interest to you. And if there is, wikipedia is bound to have it! I was a bit bored; well actually, ‘a bit’ might be an understatement when you read the next line. But anyway, I was a bit bored tonight and I stumbled across wikipedia. There was this random article on some battle during WW2 and before I knew it, 10pm became 2am and I was still reading linking articles on WW2.

I’ll probably wake up tomorrow and beat myself up for doing such a nerdy thing on a Friday night (doing this on a Monday night would be more tolerateable!) But for now, I’ll be thankful it saved me from the clutches of complete boredom!

I haven’t written anything that causes people to think for a while now.

I watched a whole episode of SVU last night. A bit perverted. Don’t think I’ll watch it again. But then again, coming from a guy that reads wikipedia articles, I wouldn’t put it past myself.

Being inconsistent doesn’t mean that it will never do something that a consistent thing will do. For example, imagine a bug travelling on a dotted line. The consistent bug will always stay on the dotted line and never sway off it. The inconsistent bug will be all over the place. However it doesn’t mean that the inconsistent bug will never travel on the dotted line at various times. While at most times the inconsistent bug will be all over the map, at other times, it’ll also be on the dotted line. By nature of being inconsistent, it has the right to travel on the dotted line at times just as it has the right to travel off the dotted line at other times.

To give it context: Apply this to standards, trust and morals. If an inconsistent bug travels on the dotted line, does it mean it is now consistent? Or is it just travelling over the dotted line to get to another place?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's a good analogy...but do we really need to question the motives of an inconsistent bug?

cheers to wikipedia! it saved me many a time for school projects =)

8:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's a good analogy...but do we really need to question the motives of an inconsistent bug?

cheers to wikipedia! it saved me many a time for school projects =)

8:23 pm  
Blogger Dazz said...

at 4am you can ask/question/ponder anything :P

11:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home