Just me and my ice-cream.
Well it seems like there is a glimmer or hope after all for my bio med lectures. Although this time, it’s not really bio med but physio… meh they’re kinda the same anyway. I’ve just had probably the best lecturer to date in my two years at uni. He thought over 6 weeks and boy did the stuff he said stick. He didn’t read word for word off the lecture sides, he was engaging and quite funny to boot. In fact, I don’t know why every other lecturer I’ve had reads off the lecture slides… it’s like them reading the whole class a bedtime story. They’ll just read word for word off the PowerPoint until we all fall asleep.
Anyway, he was teaching reproduction (or perhaps that’s why it was so interesting!) and his introductory discussion with the class went something like this:
“I’ll tell you why reproduction is the most important function. What happens when your cardiovascular (heart) system fails?”
“You die”
“That’s right, you just die”
“What happens when our respiratory (lungs) system fails?”
“You die”
“That’s right, you die”
“But what happens if your reproduction system fails?”
“You can’t have children”
“That’s right, you can’t have children! So you see, whereas the other systems only keep you alive, the reproductive system keeps the whole human race alive!”
Long silence
“…but if you’re dead you can’t have children either…”
“Aww shut up”
I’m probably going to continue with physiology just because of this lecturer!
I’ve been thinking about what kinda job I want to have in the future. And with all these road works happening all around, I think I may have just found the job I always wanted. I wanna be what this guy does:

That’s right, the guy that always smiles while holding the slow down/stop sign. He does nothing else except stand there. All he does is hold a sign. I can go to uni and see him holding the sign. And on the way back he’ll still be there, holding the exact same sign in the exact same position. What an awesome job! I wonder if there’s a guy there that makes the instant coffee for everyone?
Isn’t it amazing how even though you're sick, bored, tired, alone and pretty much just had a crap night, you can still have your moments. That moment happened to me in a large empty room, listening to 2D worship music with just me and my ice cream. Hah simply beautiful! Can't describe it really.
And due to popular demand, my quotes are back.
“If Wim Lao was ever to get a girl, she’d have to poke her eyes out.” – Tinston Yee
Anyway, he was teaching reproduction (or perhaps that’s why it was so interesting!) and his introductory discussion with the class went something like this:
“I’ll tell you why reproduction is the most important function. What happens when your cardiovascular (heart) system fails?”
“You die”
“That’s right, you just die”
“What happens when our respiratory (lungs) system fails?”
“You die”
“That’s right, you die”
“But what happens if your reproduction system fails?”
“You can’t have children”
“That’s right, you can’t have children! So you see, whereas the other systems only keep you alive, the reproductive system keeps the whole human race alive!”
Long silence
“…but if you’re dead you can’t have children either…”
“Aww shut up”
I’m probably going to continue with physiology just because of this lecturer!
I’ve been thinking about what kinda job I want to have in the future. And with all these road works happening all around, I think I may have just found the job I always wanted. I wanna be what this guy does:

That’s right, the guy that always smiles while holding the slow down/stop sign. He does nothing else except stand there. All he does is hold a sign. I can go to uni and see him holding the sign. And on the way back he’ll still be there, holding the exact same sign in the exact same position. What an awesome job! I wonder if there’s a guy there that makes the instant coffee for everyone?
Isn’t it amazing how even though you're sick, bored, tired, alone and pretty much just had a crap night, you can still have your moments. That moment happened to me in a large empty room, listening to 2D worship music with just me and my ice cream. Hah simply beautiful! Can't describe it really.
And due to popular demand, my quotes are back.
“If Wim Lao was ever to get a girl, she’d have to poke her eyes out.” – Tinston Yee


4 Comments:
"Isn’t it amazing how even though your sick, bored, tired, alone and pretty much just had a crap night, you can still have your moments."
you were alone? well i guess my 'presence' on msn must've been non-existant then.
get well soon. i have to grow a bean/seed for bio. yay.
I don't remember you being there during the night I was talking about :P In fact no one was there.
heeeeeey what a harsh tinston yee.
hahaha. actually, im quite offended. o_0..
Post a Comment
<< Home