Monday, May 15, 2006

My dad is rambo

Well I typed up a huge blog a few days ago... but then then I reread what I wrote and it just didn't seem to flow... didn't seem to stick. So I didn't end up posting it and I deleted it. Tonight I don't really feel like writing much but I just remembered the time when my dad was talking being in the police corps in Malaysia.

Yes that's right, my dad was rambo back in his day. And just as an aside... if my dad was rambo... what the bonks happened to me! I guess I must've got most of my mum's genes :(

Well anyway, my dad used to fight the communists in the jungles of Malaysia. His company would camp out in the jungle keeping a Malay presence in the communist influenced area. I remember him telling me how he waiting all night in the soaking rain to ambush the communists with claymore mines and high powered rifles... and they never came.

He told me when they were camping out in the jungle they never got any sleep when it rained. It wasn't because of the sound of the rain kept them awake, but it was the fear that they couldn't hear any communists creeping up on them.

He also mentioned that his police instructor got killed by the communists in a trap :(

Well yeah, this post wasn't too flowing either but I'm gonna post it anyway. Perhaps ask your parents what they did when they were young, it might be pretty interesting :D

2 Comments:

Blogger liam said...

wow thats cool...

now imagine your child in 20 years time. you can tell him about how as a child, you played this cool game called WoW.

:p

11:41 pm  
Blogger - jaz. said...

my mum was in the girl guides..? and she went to canada when she was 21! wow.

6:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home