Home made cleaning
For many years now I’ve been subjected by my parents to do ‘their dirty work’. Every day, week in week out, they’ve made me practise and practise… saying I’ll have to learn and get used to it for later on in life. And it’s good to know that after a good 10 years of doing the dishes at home, I finally got the chance to show the world the hard work I’ve been putting in. It’s like the Olympics, behind the scenes they work day in day out, and then for one day they get to show off all that they’ve worked for. And that day for me was Friday.
For three hours on Friday night I had the pleasure of washing people’s dishes. When I first walked into the kitchen it was full of girls, girls everywhere! (rawr?) I was just about to say… it’s good to know all you girls are fulfilling God’s purpose in your life! However I kept my big mouth shut… the thought of 20 angry girls with knives a plenty was kinda off putting.
Anyway, I too was fulfilling my purpose, along with Guang. We were both hand picked to take this important task… and I thought it was pretty cool to be able to wash the dishes and have a nice little chat about our blog, about life, school and you know just chatting about absolute random things. But meh, as it turned out, it was hectic as that we didn’t even say much to each other! But anyway, for all you guys who’ve wanted to know what exactly goes on in the kitchen, here’s the inside scoop!
* Have you ever wondered what happens to your half eaten cake when the waiter/waitress takes away your dishes? Well think no more! There’s always a hungry person inside the kitchen who eats the rest of it. (ie. Dave) And if you’ve got any wedges left over the same thing happens. Sometimes if we’re lucky, we’ll even have some left over double dipped sauce to add to it.
* Ever wondered why people at Chinese restaurants always clean their plate, spoons and chopsticks? It’s because the Asian dish cleaners never clean stuff properly, so much so there’s always a bit of murk on their ‘clean’ plates and cutlery. By the way, Guang and I are both asian… as we were the only dish cleaners :P
* And lastly, have you ever thought just how many people breathe on your food before it gets to you? Hmm… well I’ll let you wonder about that one!
I didn’t realise some metal cup I was washing was used to boil water… hence I burnt my hand. I didn’t realise that chilli sauce mixed with sour cream could create some toxic vapour… hence I chocked on some kind of feral vapour while I was washing the sauce cups. And I never realised that starvation could cause Guang to eat some left over wedges.
But I have to say, it was quite fun cleaning the dishes for 3 hours. Everyone was running around stressed, chaos was flowing and yet at the same time I thought it was quite peaceful. So yeah, I wouldn’t mind doing that again! (Of course all you people who like to have their plates clean just might :P)
For three hours on Friday night I had the pleasure of washing people’s dishes. When I first walked into the kitchen it was full of girls, girls everywhere! (rawr?) I was just about to say… it’s good to know all you girls are fulfilling God’s purpose in your life! However I kept my big mouth shut… the thought of 20 angry girls with knives a plenty was kinda off putting.
Anyway, I too was fulfilling my purpose, along with Guang. We were both hand picked to take this important task… and I thought it was pretty cool to be able to wash the dishes and have a nice little chat about our blog, about life, school and you know just chatting about absolute random things. But meh, as it turned out, it was hectic as that we didn’t even say much to each other! But anyway, for all you guys who’ve wanted to know what exactly goes on in the kitchen, here’s the inside scoop!
* Have you ever wondered what happens to your half eaten cake when the waiter/waitress takes away your dishes? Well think no more! There’s always a hungry person inside the kitchen who eats the rest of it. (ie. Dave) And if you’ve got any wedges left over the same thing happens. Sometimes if we’re lucky, we’ll even have some left over double dipped sauce to add to it.
* Ever wondered why people at Chinese restaurants always clean their plate, spoons and chopsticks? It’s because the Asian dish cleaners never clean stuff properly, so much so there’s always a bit of murk on their ‘clean’ plates and cutlery. By the way, Guang and I are both asian… as we were the only dish cleaners :P
* And lastly, have you ever thought just how many people breathe on your food before it gets to you? Hmm… well I’ll let you wonder about that one!
I didn’t realise some metal cup I was washing was used to boil water… hence I burnt my hand. I didn’t realise that chilli sauce mixed with sour cream could create some toxic vapour… hence I chocked on some kind of feral vapour while I was washing the sauce cups. And I never realised that starvation could cause Guang to eat some left over wedges.
But I have to say, it was quite fun cleaning the dishes for 3 hours. Everyone was running around stressed, chaos was flowing and yet at the same time I thought it was quite peaceful. So yeah, I wouldn’t mind doing that again! (Of course all you people who like to have their plates clean just might :P)


3 Comments:
LoL... THAT'S WHY CAFE AROMA, IS BEFORE CENTRAL! heheheee... SO WE GET THE GOOD STUFF FIRST... ;)... *LESS RUSH, LESS BREATHING? heheeehe
haha! " it’s good to know all you girls are fulfilling God’s purpose in your life!" - awesome call, you should have used it.
i'm glad i didnt eat anything from that cafe. :D
lol... hey those wedges were about to be wasted, and my asian instinct took over!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home