Thursday, May 18, 2006

Waiting with a flower in hand

I don’t recall when you gave me this blue periwinkle
It was such a small flower with promising blue petals
I never received many flowers when I was young
And yet yours was given ever so freely

I watched as this flower grew over the years
A flower that saved me many a time
I’ll hold tightly onto this blue periwinkle
Now fully bloomed and filled with gratitude

Even though you won’t be near
This flower will never wither, never die
It will remind me of hope and trust
Of friendship and the good times

3 Comments:

Blogger - jaz. said...

since when did you have a blue periwinkle?

7:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think this poem is really deep, i like the meaning behind it. keep up ur poetry work and i look forward to seeing/hearing more of them =)

-nancy

9:17 pm  
Blogger liam said...

what does a periwinkle look like?

nice poem...

9:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home