What the waffle!
In my short life, I’ve had the privilege of eating fine cuisine. Some pretty darn expensive fine cuisine I might add.
I’ve had teppanyaki for the cool price for $55 per head. You didn’t really eat a lot for the price, a $7.95 KFC had me more filled than teppanyaki. But the cook was cool and it’s not everyday someone serves you an omelette by cutting and flicking it on your plate simultaneously.
I’ve eaten what is supposedly the best peking duck in Malaysia ($20 for one piece), watched as I lost $40 eating in Crown and got a lecture from my parents for spending $45 of their money for a meal at Le moors.
But none of that compares to the expensive treat I had last week. I had two pieces of waffle smothered with syrup and ice cream. And would you believe that costed (the church) $2000! Now I don’t wanna name any names… but an Amanda from the Vincent origin burnt a waffle in the toaster. Smoke arose and while we were eating we heard a familiar sound pinging in our ears. And let’s just say that the fire alarms in the church work quite well. 30 minutes and $2000 later, we were all evacuated and the firemen came rushing in… to put out the evil waffles! I didn’t wanna waste the waffles so I decided to eat them while we were being evacuated. Heh, the staff at the church are scary when they’re out in the cold watching someone munch on some now every expensive waffles.
But in all fairness, the waffles tasted as good as every bit of the $2000 it cost!
NB: I did the blog update that I've been procrastinating about.
I’ve had teppanyaki for the cool price for $55 per head. You didn’t really eat a lot for the price, a $7.95 KFC had me more filled than teppanyaki. But the cook was cool and it’s not everyday someone serves you an omelette by cutting and flicking it on your plate simultaneously.
I’ve eaten what is supposedly the best peking duck in Malaysia ($20 for one piece), watched as I lost $40 eating in Crown and got a lecture from my parents for spending $45 of their money for a meal at Le moors.
But none of that compares to the expensive treat I had last week. I had two pieces of waffle smothered with syrup and ice cream. And would you believe that costed (the church) $2000! Now I don’t wanna name any names… but an Amanda from the Vincent origin burnt a waffle in the toaster. Smoke arose and while we were eating we heard a familiar sound pinging in our ears. And let’s just say that the fire alarms in the church work quite well. 30 minutes and $2000 later, we were all evacuated and the firemen came rushing in… to put out the evil waffles! I didn’t wanna waste the waffles so I decided to eat them while we were being evacuated. Heh, the staff at the church are scary when they’re out in the cold watching someone munch on some now every expensive waffles.
But in all fairness, the waffles tasted as good as every bit of the $2000 it cost!
NB: I did the blog update that I've been procrastinating about.


3 Comments:
so uhh.. waffles anyone? hehe.
steer clear of the kitchen daryl, or else your "fine cuisine" on monday may well cost YOU $2000 too! =P
LOL daryl i hope you enjoyed those waffles...:p
Post a Comment
<< Home