Have we met before?
It’s not every month a girl comes and sits down next to me during church. Which is why I was surprised when a brunette girl came and sat right plonk next to me last Saturday at church.
Now I don’t know many brunettes and admittedly I didn’t see who she was. By the time I realised her presence she had sat next to me, it was too late to take a glance in her direction without kissing her forehead.
So I was stuck there wondering who on earth could she be. Surely no stranger would sit next to me, and if they did they always left a little space between them and I. So she musta been someone I knew. But who?
In a good minute I had to quickly figure out who she was in order to say ‘hi so and so’. But on the other hand if she was someone I didn’t know and I said hi during the meeting, then she probs woulda thought I was trying to pick her up!
So I was sitting there, trying my little eyeballs out looking out of the corner of my eye. And after getting a slight headache from looking out of the corner of my eye, I still couldn’t figure out who she was! So I had to take a gamble and I had to do it quick. No friend of mine would tolerate the cold shoulder for long! But if she was a stranger I couldn’t let her catch me looking at her.
It had to be discrete, it had to be smooth, and it had to be the way that only Dazz knew how. If she saw me do it, she’d probably give me funny looks for the rest of the night. I couldn’t fail! My nerves were tense, teeth gritted and determination set. I jerked my head quickly to the right as fast as I could. My eyes managed to keep up with the fast motion and in the end I got a picture perfect view… of her hair.
So there I was, a little bummed, a little scared and with a massive headache. Apparently my brain doesn’t like it when I stare outta the corner of my eye or when I make sharp jerking twists with my head. If she was someone I knew, I was doomed to be an unwelcoming cold hearted friend and if she was a stranger… well she probably already thought I was a bit weird. Doomed I say!
By this time, minutes had elapsed and my time was almost up. But lo and behold, the welcoming time was upon us! I was saved! I could finally say hi with no strings attached.
I finally got to see who exactly this girl was! She turned to me. I turned to her. She looked up… and spoke.
“Hi, I don’t believe I’ve met you before.”
“Heh, funny that ey?”
Now I don’t know many brunettes and admittedly I didn’t see who she was. By the time I realised her presence she had sat next to me, it was too late to take a glance in her direction without kissing her forehead.
So I was stuck there wondering who on earth could she be. Surely no stranger would sit next to me, and if they did they always left a little space between them and I. So she musta been someone I knew. But who?
In a good minute I had to quickly figure out who she was in order to say ‘hi so and so’. But on the other hand if she was someone I didn’t know and I said hi during the meeting, then she probs woulda thought I was trying to pick her up!
So I was sitting there, trying my little eyeballs out looking out of the corner of my eye. And after getting a slight headache from looking out of the corner of my eye, I still couldn’t figure out who she was! So I had to take a gamble and I had to do it quick. No friend of mine would tolerate the cold shoulder for long! But if she was a stranger I couldn’t let her catch me looking at her.
It had to be discrete, it had to be smooth, and it had to be the way that only Dazz knew how. If she saw me do it, she’d probably give me funny looks for the rest of the night. I couldn’t fail! My nerves were tense, teeth gritted and determination set. I jerked my head quickly to the right as fast as I could. My eyes managed to keep up with the fast motion and in the end I got a picture perfect view… of her hair.
So there I was, a little bummed, a little scared and with a massive headache. Apparently my brain doesn’t like it when I stare outta the corner of my eye or when I make sharp jerking twists with my head. If she was someone I knew, I was doomed to be an unwelcoming cold hearted friend and if she was a stranger… well she probably already thought I was a bit weird. Doomed I say!
By this time, minutes had elapsed and my time was almost up. But lo and behold, the welcoming time was upon us! I was saved! I could finally say hi with no strings attached.
I finally got to see who exactly this girl was! She turned to me. I turned to her. She looked up… and spoke.
“Hi, I don’t believe I’ve met you before.”
“Heh, funny that ey?”


4 Comments:
By the time I realised her presence she had sat next to me, it was too late to take a glance in her direction without kissing her forehead.
LOL daryl, how close were the two of you sitting? :P
one day can i dress up as a girl and get hair extensions and sit next to you at church?
It had to be discrete, it had to be smooth, and it had to be the way that only Dazz knew how. If she saw me do it, she’d probably give me funny looks for the rest of the night. I couldn’t fail! My nerves were tense, teeth gritted and determination set. I jerked my head quickly to the right as fast as I could...
haha nice one daryl! you make it sound like a girl who you've been crushing on MAJORLY but unfortunately never had the guts to talk to because she didn't notice you. it's ok, there's always next time *pat pat*
ahh daryl. she was a nice-looking chick! ;) did you end up kissing her forehead anyway?
hehe she can't have been that tall, otherwise the angle of elevation of your kiss to the forehead would be to great and you'd have to kinda half stand up to be able to reach her forehead, or instead you could have just gone for the lips...
Post a Comment
<< Home