Tuesday, December 19, 2006

If you think I'm old, chances are you're not far behind!

Well I guess it was no secret that it was my birthday today (or yesterday rather, if you’re that way inclined). Anyway, I thought I’d just blog a bit of wisdom that I’ve learnt from my many years of slouching. So have a thorough read of this blog, it’s taken literally decades of refinement of being an all round bum to come up with gems of wisdoms like these.

So yeah, the night before any of your future birthdays, NEVER sleep late. I had the misfortune of sleeping at 3am the night before my birthday. So you may be wondering what’s wrong with that. Essentially, there’s nothing wrong with sleeping late the night before your birthday. However! What is sooo wrongly wrong is all the morning freaks (people who wake up in the morning) that message you at insane hours like 8am to wish you happy birthday!

Five hours into my birthday sleep, I get waken up by a message at the forbidden hour of 8am. I doze back to sleep only to get another message 15 minutes later! An hour after another message wakes me up followed by another 7 minutes later! I got woken up no less than 10 times during my sleep. I was starting to wonder if I had just undergone some kinda of ancient Chinese torture trial.

Turn off your mobile, disconnect your phone, sleep early and while you're at it, change your address. And that’s Dazz’s birthday advice for this year – don’t leave home without it!

But in all seriousness (well… I’m serious all the time aren’t I? :P) a big thanks to all the birthday wishes that people wished to wish on me. Thanks to Nancy for the Veggie Rocks CD (got “The hairbrush song” stuck in my head atm). Thanks to Winston, Shawn, Cleo, Michelle, Sarah, Katie and Deepa for Goober! (He’s the funkiest soft toy ever). Thanks to Jaz for a scrumptous lunch (and also for making me ask a total random where the green shoe laces were :S). Thanks to my parents for the increase in my bank account and for just tolerating my many antics. And thanks to all my friends once again. Maybe one day, just maybe one day you’ll all really understand how much you’ve all blessed my life. In the mean time, just trust me on that one :P

Be nice to one another, things only get complicated when we don’t want to do the simple things.

4 Comments:

Blogger liam said...

hope you had a good birthday daryl! :)

5:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who sends msgs nowadays, that's for lazy ppl. calling takes way more effort and i believe it means a lot more =P

11:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

message from china:

hey! i suppose you weren't too impressed by my multiple messages and calls that probs woke u up early in the morning on ur b'day eh? i thought it was the thought that counts!

not ready to go back to australia yet...want to stay here for a little bit longer...only got a few more days...=(

10:19 pm  
Blogger - jaz. said...

actually, andy has a point. next time ill call you at .. hmm.. 7am? so then i can keep you awake instead of just waking you up! mwahaha. but that means i have to be awake at 7am too. o_0..

did i take you out for lunch? did you take me out for your lunch? seeing as i couldnt drive yet? haha thanks for that then. =P

3:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home