Incomple
Watching the sun depart and waiting for the moon to rise. The day is nearing gone yet the questions still remain. Is it question of love or of a dream; of reality or mere facade? Questions wrap my thoughts of you. Questions hide the truth from me. Let me reach out, let me grasp it, let me find the truth.
The moon is beauty and the stars smile. I wish I was like them, floating freely in the sky. I want to be there, falling, falling; waiting for someone to catch me. Arms wrapped round, hearing quiet, soft breaths.
It grapples me beyond all frustration. The future wonders me. I ponder in amazement and intrigue. I feel a beating in my heart and a shyness in eyes. But the question pounds with every thought. I must know, I just must know… will you fall for me, will I fall for you?
………
I had an idea and then I lost it, I just couldn’t go any further. I had the plans, the foundation and even the ‘this is what your house will look like when it’s completed’ picture. Sadly the bricks were missing, the plumbing non-existent and the roof tiles gone. So I’m left with something strangely surreal, random and incomplete.
But perhaps not everything is meant to be completed. There is still so much that can be done with incompleteness, we need only to look to ourselves. So while I read this incompleteness with a smile, only knowing myself the end and the perfect finished story, I wonder, that perhaps, this is a little glimpse of the feeling He feels when looking at all of us.
The moon is beauty and the stars smile. I wish I was like them, floating freely in the sky. I want to be there, falling, falling; waiting for someone to catch me. Arms wrapped round, hearing quiet, soft breaths.
It grapples me beyond all frustration. The future wonders me. I ponder in amazement and intrigue. I feel a beating in my heart and a shyness in eyes. But the question pounds with every thought. I must know, I just must know… will you fall for me, will I fall for you?
………
I had an idea and then I lost it, I just couldn’t go any further. I had the plans, the foundation and even the ‘this is what your house will look like when it’s completed’ picture. Sadly the bricks were missing, the plumbing non-existent and the roof tiles gone. So I’m left with something strangely surreal, random and incomplete.
But perhaps not everything is meant to be completed. There is still so much that can be done with incompleteness, we need only to look to ourselves. So while I read this incompleteness with a smile, only knowing myself the end and the perfect finished story, I wonder, that perhaps, this is a little glimpse of the feeling He feels when looking at all of us.


2 Comments:
oh, unfinished stories are the greatest for growing imagination!
daryl sim, you're getting very wise. you must be getting old too. hehehe.
Post a Comment
<< Home