Saturday, March 01, 2008

The Path

I got an SMS from God just now. He told me to keep going with my second, third, fourth chance.

I continued the run, with tiring legs willed on by a tired heart. I collapsed on the path, too tired to go on. But God’s grace came up to me and lifted me up. We ran together, each step in unison.

I saw a spectator on the side of the path. I asked her to join us on this journey. But she politely declined. My tears bid her farewell as we continued on.

I wanted to fall by the side, arms outstretched, laying on the ground. But then I got an SMS from God. He told me to not give up, that this path had a future.

I could hear no sound but my breathing as I ran down the path. Each second concentrated on the next step. I could feel the wind blowing against me, slowing my run to a near halt. The wind was fierce and almost blew me off the path. But God’s love held me firm.

I looked to the distance to see where this path would lead. I saw nothing but an empty horizon. My head hung in despair, there was nothing at the end of the path. But then I got an SMS from God. He told me to look again into the distance. I looked… and I looked. And on the third look I could just see the Sun, rising upon the horizon, and a silhouetted spectator, waiting by the side of the path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home