Thursday, February 07, 2008

An Arrogant Joy

I was sitting quietly, thinking about not much at all. And all of a sudden I was overwhelmed, felt a surge of immense positive joy. Nothing much has changed over the last week, months. My circumstances have remained the same, the feeling of uncertainty is still ever present and the holes are still leaking. Yet there I was; sitting quietly, thinking about not much at all, and feeling a feeling of something I can only best describe as arrogance… arrogant joy. It was almost as if I was unstoppable. It gave me a greater determination, a greater cockiness, a greater joy and a greater hope. I wish I could describe it better, let you catch just a glimpse of it. Calling it arrogant joy is just not doing it justice.

Normally I’d only put the following in anthology of etc, but it’s kind of about what I’m on about.

You stare you snarl at me
I look I laugh at you
Never want you to be
Anything in me through

Get lost you dirty fiend
Shut up you stupid fool
Never will you glean
Or in me will you rule

With joyous joy and hope
Your taunts I shall revel
And strangle your throat
You dirty stupid devil.

Arrogant joy, I smile.

1 Comments:

Blogger sisterr enkst said...

WAHAHAHAHA. i loved the last verse, perfect illustration of your newly acquired arrogant joy!

im glad you have an abundance of hope! its more than most have.

12:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home