For $100 I got to see the best and worst band on the planet.
Well I just came back from one awesome concert! I paid $100 and waited almost 10 months for it and by Hugo I wasn’t disappointed. The Red Hot Chili Peppers were everything they were hyped up to be, and then some.
At first, I was a bit worried. Our tickets were for the lawn area and there was a very limited view of the stage if you weren’t right at the front. Before the Peppers came on stage I had to constantly tilt my head to the left at right in an effort to see the stage. However when the Peppers finally came on, people behind me started pushing and shoving (trying to get a better view) and before I knew it, I was pushed all the way to the front with an awesome view. Unfortunately, for most of the others that came with me, their view of the concert consisted of this:

There were however, a few low lights for the night.
1. To get a good view at the front we had to stand and wait for 3 hours and then another 2 hours during their performance. My legs freaking killed at the end of the night!
2. As with most concerts, there was an intro band that played before the Peppers. The intro band was called the Hormonal Superstars. They were crap as. I reckon they seriously just got 3 mid-life crisis aged men off the street and plonked them on stage.
3. The singer of Hormonal Superstars tried to do a full Monty. At that stage, I was glad most of my view was blocked. Seeing a balding middle aged man do that, I would’ve puked.
4. Did I mention this crap band called Homo Superstars?
Highlights included.
1. The Homo Superstars got booed as they came on stage, while they played and also when they left.
2. ‘Snow’ was played. The song I wanted most to be played live.
3. Flea singing ‘Sunny’ (by Boogie Pimp)
4. The encore.
Well I’m glad I went. I wish I could get a recording of it!
At first, I was a bit worried. Our tickets were for the lawn area and there was a very limited view of the stage if you weren’t right at the front. Before the Peppers came on stage I had to constantly tilt my head to the left at right in an effort to see the stage. However when the Peppers finally came on, people behind me started pushing and shoving (trying to get a better view) and before I knew it, I was pushed all the way to the front with an awesome view. Unfortunately, for most of the others that came with me, their view of the concert consisted of this:

There were however, a few low lights for the night.
1. To get a good view at the front we had to stand and wait for 3 hours and then another 2 hours during their performance. My legs freaking killed at the end of the night!
2. As with most concerts, there was an intro band that played before the Peppers. The intro band was called the Ho
3. The singer of Ho
4. Did I mention this crap band called Homo Superstars?
Highlights included.
1. The Homo Superstars got booed as they came on stage, while they played and also when they left.
2. ‘Snow’ was played. The song I wanted most to be played live.
3. Flea singing ‘Sunny’ (by Boogie Pimp)
4. The encore.
Well I’m glad I went. I wish I could get a recording of it!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home