Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Ghost Town

Man it's been so long since I last blogged that I forgot my user name and password! It took me 15 minutes of straggling around before I remembered :S Well I hope this place doesn't turn into a ghost blog, much like every other blog out there!

So exams... nearly over, one more to go! After that, I'll either be veged out on the couch or going out! I'm so over neuroscience, it's like infested me atm! I was listening to Mark's message on Saturday night about depression and he started talking about the reasons for it occurring. Immediately this popped into my head - "Depression; caused by a lack of serotonin and noradrenaline in the brain; medicated by administering serotonin reuptake inhibitor blah blah blah." Arghh! It's what exams do to you! :(

*caution - rambling*

Think. Don't do anything else, just think. Stop talking, listening, running away, running after him or her, working, laughing, crying. Just pause for a moment, just for a moment. Don't worry, life won't pass you by in this brief time.

Think about where you are in life, where you've gone, where you hope to be. Did you think, years ago, that you'd be where you are today - in love, hurt, working, reading blogs, famous, discarded. What helped you get there, what hindered you? Think about what you've achieved, what you haven't achieved, things you gained, people you've lost, the mistakes made and the lessons learnt.

Think about the past. It is the accumulation of what you are today. If you forget the past and you'll forget a bit about yourself, get caught in the past and you'll stop growing. Remember your mistakes, those who forget them are destined to repeat them. Remember the happy times and the sad. Just remember the path you've travelled.

Now put it all in perspective. What will you do now with these thoughts? Talk, listen, run away, run after him or her, work, cry, laugh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home