Run to fight another day, fight to run to another day.
I must say, even if no one reads this blog, I’d still churn and grind out entries on a semi-regular basis. There’s something about writing your mind, especially from a guy who doesn’t write much at all!, that alleviates the pressure of random thoughts building up in your head. Pretty much the only thing I can see stopping me from blogging is ifmystubbornspacebarstillrefusestowork. In actual fact, my spacebar is the only thing disrupting me on this quiet, peaceful, uni night.
If there’s one thing that’s been reminded about me in the past week, it’s my stubbornness. I don’t think stubbornness is necessarily a bad thing; it really depends on the context. Context. On a related but seemingly disjointed note, there are three things I’ve seen grow a (Christian) person – experience, learning and challenges. These three aren’t mutually exclusive by any means but are quite distinct in the way people not only view them, but act upon them. Pretty much everyone has experience, if you have a past and remember it, chances are there’s some experience in there too. And pretty much everyone learns – going to conferences (Hillsong etc), listening every week at church etc. But when it comes to challenges, there is shyness - no - rather a retreat in the mind. A running away if you will.
I feel (only feel) there’s a notion that to cower in a corner, waiting for the storm to pass, is conquering it. I feel (only feel) that to try and forget the assaults upon the mind is ‘The’ way to defeat it. I feel (FEEL) that just surviving the hurricane of challenges is synonymous with victory. Just how much have we belittled the very definition of victory and conquest to fit our illusionary feats?
It was a rude awakening on a beautiful night. It made me think about the challenges I’ve been through. Did I really win that battle, or did I only survive to… survive another day? Have I really conquered that area in my life, or did I only run away so I could run away again the next time it came round? I can only hope that the latter is not my reality.
I was wrong, terribly wrong. I admit that. But it showed me how little we’ve traveled; how far we’ve still to go. Don’t run away any longer, please. Stay and fight it. Your mind is worth fighting for. Trust me.
If there’s one thing that’s been reminded about me in the past week, it’s my stubbornness. I don’t think stubbornness is necessarily a bad thing; it really depends on the context. Context. On a related but seemingly disjointed note, there are three things I’ve seen grow a (Christian) person – experience, learning and challenges. These three aren’t mutually exclusive by any means but are quite distinct in the way people not only view them, but act upon them. Pretty much everyone has experience, if you have a past and remember it, chances are there’s some experience in there too. And pretty much everyone learns – going to conferences (Hillsong etc), listening every week at church etc. But when it comes to challenges, there is shyness - no - rather a retreat in the mind. A running away if you will.
I feel (only feel) there’s a notion that to cower in a corner, waiting for the storm to pass, is conquering it. I feel (only feel) that to try and forget the assaults upon the mind is ‘The’ way to defeat it. I feel (FEEL) that just surviving the hurricane of challenges is synonymous with victory. Just how much have we belittled the very definition of victory and conquest to fit our illusionary feats?
It was a rude awakening on a beautiful night. It made me think about the challenges I’ve been through. Did I really win that battle, or did I only survive to… survive another day? Have I really conquered that area in my life, or did I only run away so I could run away again the next time it came round? I can only hope that the latter is not my reality.
I was wrong, terribly wrong. I admit that. But it showed me how little we’ve traveled; how far we’ve still to go. Don’t run away any longer, please. Stay and fight it. Your mind is worth fighting for. Trust me.


1 Comments:
who's the poet now! i dunno if id even admit to being a poet...what does that mean. anyhoo...
your words flow. and i like it! and in the sentence my very admired writer-friend, raCh says:
"string these words"
Post a Comment
<< Home