Sleeping just isn't fun anymore (unless you're Joe Lee)
Well it’s nearly 3am and I’m quite bored. I could go to sleep but I’ve done that a lot recently and it’s getting quite mundane and repetitive. Soo… what to blog about…
I guess as you all are well aware by now (unless you live in Bundoorah where news is still sent by postage) the Socceroos won a place into the world cup after 30+ years. There were around 12 guys in my house watching the soccer on the big screen and it was quite hard not to get carried away in the winning moment. In fact, some were so engrossed by it; they seemed to hug everyone and dance on anything in sight! I reckon even if you were a troll with no teeth, you’d still get a nice bear hug from the likes of Tim Yao. I’m not saying that Tim Yao is getting desperate (albeit at nearly 21 years of age it is a very valid point) but merely pointing out that he was very, very happy!
And why not eh? With Uruguay snubbing the Australian soccer team repeatedly throughout the two match event it was hard not to be overjoyed at the revenge that was finally handed out (whoever said revenge was bitter sweet obviously never took revenge!)
Well moving on from soccer, I finally had my cell water fight. Friday was tipped to reach mid to high 20s so I thought it’d be great day to have a water fight. Obviously God had other ideas as rain started drizzling throughout cell. But meh, we still had our water fight in temperatures that seemed to be around 10 degrees. We played a game like forty forty, except that the torches were replaced with water guns. I was the guy in the middle, and I must say I was doing super well. I managed to keep my cell guys at bay for a good 5 minutes… until my water ran out. In which case not only did I lose my marker but I got drenched. I reckon I was carrying 1kg of water saturated on my clothing. And when it’s 10 degrees with a slight breeze, I ain’t exactly the hottest person around (moreover, when it’s 50 degrees and I’ve got 4 layers of clothing on… I still ain’t exactly the hottest person around).
Well… I guess that’s all. Oh yeah, the city was cool on Thursday night. The ice-cream in St. Kilda was nice, even though I got a stomach ache after. I went to Baskin Robbins the other day also; it wasn’t that good, nothing special really.
Actually it’s about time I posted something useful, so here’s my ranking of ice-cream places.
Ice Creamery (Merimbula)
The ice-cream place in St. Kilda tied El Dolce Froddo (Lygon Street)
Real Gelato (Glen Waverly)
Baskin Robbins (Knox)
It seems the further I travel, the better the ice cream. I’m really starting to wonder how the ice-cream tastes like in Bundoorah… yum!!
I guess as you all are well aware by now (unless you live in Bundoorah where news is still sent by postage) the Socceroos won a place into the world cup after 30+ years. There were around 12 guys in my house watching the soccer on the big screen and it was quite hard not to get carried away in the winning moment. In fact, some were so engrossed by it; they seemed to hug everyone and dance on anything in sight! I reckon even if you were a troll with no teeth, you’d still get a nice bear hug from the likes of Tim Yao. I’m not saying that Tim Yao is getting desperate (albeit at nearly 21 years of age it is a very valid point) but merely pointing out that he was very, very happy!
And why not eh? With Uruguay snubbing the Australian soccer team repeatedly throughout the two match event it was hard not to be overjoyed at the revenge that was finally handed out (whoever said revenge was bitter sweet obviously never took revenge!)
Well moving on from soccer, I finally had my cell water fight. Friday was tipped to reach mid to high 20s so I thought it’d be great day to have a water fight. Obviously God had other ideas as rain started drizzling throughout cell. But meh, we still had our water fight in temperatures that seemed to be around 10 degrees. We played a game like forty forty, except that the torches were replaced with water guns. I was the guy in the middle, and I must say I was doing super well. I managed to keep my cell guys at bay for a good 5 minutes… until my water ran out. In which case not only did I lose my marker but I got drenched. I reckon I was carrying 1kg of water saturated on my clothing. And when it’s 10 degrees with a slight breeze, I ain’t exactly the hottest person around (moreover, when it’s 50 degrees and I’ve got 4 layers of clothing on… I still ain’t exactly the hottest person around).
Well… I guess that’s all. Oh yeah, the city was cool on Thursday night. The ice-cream in St. Kilda was nice, even though I got a stomach ache after. I went to Baskin Robbins the other day also; it wasn’t that good, nothing special really.
Actually it’s about time I posted something useful, so here’s my ranking of ice-cream places.
Ice Creamery (Merimbula)
The ice-cream place in St. Kilda tied El Dolce Froddo (Lygon Street)
Real Gelato (Glen Waverly)
Baskin Robbins (Knox)
It seems the further I travel, the better the ice cream. I’m really starting to wonder how the ice-cream tastes like in Bundoorah… yum!!


5 Comments:
if i were joe lee, i would just not sleep. o_0..
thursday night was awesome. i loved it. well mostly. ^^! hehe.
and omigosh, you fail italian! it's Il Dolce Freddo! shame.
daryl u are so cheeky.
tut tut.
I'M SORRY, BUT REAL GELATO SHOULDN'T BE RANKED... I'M DISAPPOINTED... :P. LoL.. THEN AGAIN, YOU NEED TO VISIT MORE ICECREAM STORES!... eEEeK.
Next time you're bored at 3am, go to sleep! Man...sleep isn't just for fun, you know...its something that your body needs :p.
go australia.
ice cream, huh? why stop at bundoorah - i wonder what antarctic ice cream would taste like.
yay for the SOCCEROOS! i watched the last half of the match. =]
haha ice cream eh? well i'd like to say i've been to all those places but sadly enough no. due to my every gain weight brother our family is restricted from ice cream =S so i try to eat ice cream everytime i go out =] as for the ice cream in sinapore. i'll let u know . . .
Post a Comment
<< Home