The best laid plans o' Mice an' Men are bound to go awry...
That title, by Robert Burns, pretty much summed up my Risk game last night and also highlighted the fact why probability is my most hated section in maths. Because at the end of the day, you can calculate all the odds you want, you can get all the percentages right, you can even twirl around 5 times to increase your chances… but it all counts for cabbage, because in actual fact it all boils down to hard earned luck (i.e. Scoring brownie points with God).
So that was it, after a few good maneuvers, after a good laid out plan, I had the stage set for a Dazz win! (rawr!) I had 8 units, they had 3 single units. Calculating it, I had odds on favourite of around 36:1.
Enter Jaz…
Enter luck…
Exit the laws of probability/averages and all hope I had remaining
Dazz loses the game.
I had a 1 in 36 chance of losing... and I got the darn 1!!!!! Well meh… that’s all I could say… and even now all I can say is… meh. Screw probability!
I had to vote today for the Knox council votes (?). To be honest, I don’t even know what I was voting for. For all I knew I was probably helping the communist party to power. I went to St. Simons (to clarify, I went there to vote! Not to visit any teacher thank you very much!) and there were two people at the door with ‘how to vote cards’.
One gave me a card that looked like this…
Vote ONE: Emmanuel
Vote TWO: Simon
And the other guy gave me a card that looked like this…
Vote TWO: Emmanuel
Vote ONE: Simon
Well grow a cabbage cos that was a pointless waste of paper! After voting in politics, it seems I turned a little dumber.
Speaking of dumb… I might try and attempt to lift the average IQ of my posts with something… hmmm… maybe my next post.
And to keep up with my quotes to end this post…
“My most embarrassing moment: I have 4… being left at the alter. Yup, you guessed it, four times.” – someone in the Good Weekend Magazine.
So that was it, after a few good maneuvers, after a good laid out plan, I had the stage set for a Dazz win! (rawr!) I had 8 units, they had 3 single units. Calculating it, I had odds on favourite of around 36:1.
Enter Jaz…
Enter luck…
Exit the laws of probability/averages and all hope I had remaining
Dazz loses the game.
I had a 1 in 36 chance of losing... and I got the darn 1!!!!! Well meh… that’s all I could say… and even now all I can say is… meh. Screw probability!
I had to vote today for the Knox council votes (?). To be honest, I don’t even know what I was voting for. For all I knew I was probably helping the communist party to power. I went to St. Simons (to clarify, I went there to vote! Not to visit any teacher thank you very much!) and there were two people at the door with ‘how to vote cards’.
One gave me a card that looked like this…
Vote ONE: Emmanuel
Vote TWO: Simon
And the other guy gave me a card that looked like this…
Vote TWO: Emmanuel
Vote ONE: Simon
Well grow a cabbage cos that was a pointless waste of paper! After voting in politics, it seems I turned a little dumber.
Speaking of dumb… I might try and attempt to lift the average IQ of my posts with something… hmmm… maybe my next post.
And to keep up with my quotes to end this post…
“My most embarrassing moment: I have 4… being left at the alter. Yup, you guessed it, four times.” – someone in the Good Weekend Magazine.


2 Comments:
well at least u made up for ur loss the next night, hey?
i'm going with you won the next night daryl? haha maybe you shouldn't calculate the odds of you winning or losing? then you won't know how much you won/lost by?
Post a Comment
<< Home