8th Wonder of the World (yes, it is a big wonder!)
Technology can be so mysterious sometimes. Just to think about the computer, the way it works, how when I press the ‘bob’ key on my keyboard, it somehow transmits into a visible display of ‘bob’ on the screen, how each icon on my desktop is somehow just a piece of circuitry in my computer and how complex programs and games run seemingly on their own free will.
But all that jazz compares to nothing as mysterious, more thought provoking or baffling as to why the bonks am I paying 50 bucks a month for an internet connection provider that doesn’t connect, doesn’t give me the internet or even provide anything in particular! I spent like fully 2 hours trying to get my internet to work, even to the point of restarting my computer 3 times in a bid to magically connect to the internet. I should get a refund of the 2 hours I wasted! grr!
But that reminds me of the time when Reader’s Digest put out a survey telling you how much you’re ‘worth’ an hour. It listed questions to like, do you cook, do you clean the house yourself, do you earn more than $20/hr (no, no and… no, in my case)… and it somehow calculates all of this into how much you’re worth and hour. It was supposed to help for scenarios like… should I go to work and buy dinner or stay at home, look after the kids and cook my own dinner. Other than the fact that I’ve got no kids, don’t have my own home, go to work everyday or even cook, I decided to do it. And I was really encouraged to find that I’m worth around $2/hr (I think I got the $2 cos I wash the dishes :S) Life just can’t get any more fulfilling can it? rawr! But I guess that means if I get a job that pays more than $2/hr I'll be doing pretty good for myself.
And I haven’t been putting in quotes for a while because I’ve been slack. So here’s something personal, I guess what goes around come around eh? : )
“Yeah, Tim Yao is getting desperate.” – (name withheld for my own personal safety)
But all that jazz compares to nothing as mysterious, more thought provoking or baffling as to why the bonks am I paying 50 bucks a month for an internet connection provider that doesn’t connect, doesn’t give me the internet or even provide anything in particular! I spent like fully 2 hours trying to get my internet to work, even to the point of restarting my computer 3 times in a bid to magically connect to the internet. I should get a refund of the 2 hours I wasted! grr!
But that reminds me of the time when Reader’s Digest put out a survey telling you how much you’re ‘worth’ an hour. It listed questions to like, do you cook, do you clean the house yourself, do you earn more than $20/hr (no, no and… no, in my case)… and it somehow calculates all of this into how much you’re worth and hour. It was supposed to help for scenarios like… should I go to work and buy dinner or stay at home, look after the kids and cook my own dinner. Other than the fact that I’ve got no kids, don’t have my own home, go to work everyday or even cook, I decided to do it. And I was really encouraged to find that I’m worth around $2/hr (I think I got the $2 cos I wash the dishes :S) Life just can’t get any more fulfilling can it? rawr! But I guess that means if I get a job that pays more than $2/hr I'll be doing pretty good for myself.
And I haven’t been putting in quotes for a while because I’ve been slack. So here’s something personal, I guess what goes around come around eh? : )
“Yeah, Tim Yao is getting desperate.” – (name withheld for my own personal safety)


4 Comments:
what bob.
you should get a new internet connection, daryl. no really. and dont you get more than $2 an hour at kumon? with nancy? *ahem*
haha. nice quote there, daryl.
how's nicole?
no no, i take it back. sorry. ill ask nicole how she is next time i see her. ^^
tim's an assassin.
haha ok daryl, thought u formatted ur computer only recently?
lol i don't see a "bob" key on my keyboard? can anyone tell me where the "any" key is? the computer keeps telling me to press the any key.
haha tim =]
$2 an hr is pretty good, you'll get $48 in a day =] thats more than i can earn :S
If you got a refund for the 2 hours you had to waste, you'd be 13 cents richer right now...
Post a Comment
<< Home