Leaving the strangers along the shores
Well how’s it all going? Been up till past 2, 3 am for this whole month. yay for me! Has anyone listened to the radio up this late? I’m listening to it now. There’s like no annoying ads, no annoying commentators with their non productive mindless dribble and most of all there’s actually pretty good music on this time. Yeah that’s gotta be the best part about it, I haven’t had to change the channel continuously in an attempt to escape all those dodgy songs that just shift me senseless!
Hey never heard this song before… though I guess it’s kinda popular.
By Tina Cousins (would ya believe) - “Wonderful Life”
Here I go out to sea again
The sunshine fills my hair
And dreams hang in the air
Gulls in the sky and in my blue eyes
You know it feels unfair
There's magic everywhere
Look at me standing
Here on my own again
Up straight in the sunshine
No need to run and hide
It's a wonderful wonderful life
No need to laugh and cry
It's a wonderful wonderful life
The sun's in your eyes
The heat is in your hair
They seem to hate you because you're there
And I need a friend
Oh I need a friend to make me happy
Not stand here on my own
Look at me standing
Here on my own again
Up straight in the sunshine
No need to run and hide
It's a wonderful wonderful life
No need to laugh and cry
It's a wonderful wonderful life
I need a friend
Oh I need a friend
To make me happy
Not so alone
Look at me standing
Here on my own again
Up straight in the sunshine
No need to run and hide
It's a wonderful wonderful life
No need to laugh and cry
It's a wonderful wonderful life
No need to run and hide
It's a wonderful wonderful life
No need to laugh and cry
It's a wonderful wonderful life
A wonderful life
It's a wonderful life...
I just did that to make this blog seem fuller. :P
Hmm I’m trying to think of something else to say… surely there’s gotta be something interesting to say!…hmmm…
*watches the clock go from 2.30 am to 3.00 am*
Nope, I guess that’s it.
Hey wait, I thought about this in making my cell study.
Wouldn’t it be great if we gave a stuff about strangers?
Wouldn’t it be great if we didn't ignore them and treated them as if we treated our friends and family?
Wouldn’t it be awesome if, when we saw a stranger by themselves or a stranger who appears down, to go up to them and talk to them or cheer them up?
Wouldn’t you feel special if someone, whom had no obligations to you and had absolutely no reason to even notice you, actually care about you?
Would it not be great if we cared about not only our friends and family but everyone who God cares about?
Hmm yeah I think it will be a great day when strangers are cared about, when, even though we have our friends and family, we'll still give a hoot about strangers.
A day when we look outside ourselves and our friendship circles and actaully notice that there are people out there, people just like us, who are detached, lost and hurting.
A day when we don't see strangers as annoyancies and unimportant people but as another child dearly loved by God.
Well I thought it’d be great anyway.
“A stranger is a friend you don’t yet know.”
Hey never heard this song before… though I guess it’s kinda popular.
By Tina Cousins (would ya believe) - “Wonderful Life”
Here I go out to sea again
The sunshine fills my hair
And dreams hang in the air
Gulls in the sky and in my blue eyes
You know it feels unfair
There's magic everywhere
Look at me standing
Here on my own again
Up straight in the sunshine
No need to run and hide
It's a wonderful wonderful life
No need to laugh and cry
It's a wonderful wonderful life
The sun's in your eyes
The heat is in your hair
They seem to hate you because you're there
And I need a friend
Oh I need a friend to make me happy
Not stand here on my own
Look at me standing
Here on my own again
Up straight in the sunshine
No need to run and hide
It's a wonderful wonderful life
No need to laugh and cry
It's a wonderful wonderful life
I need a friend
Oh I need a friend
To make me happy
Not so alone
Look at me standing
Here on my own again
Up straight in the sunshine
No need to run and hide
It's a wonderful wonderful life
No need to laugh and cry
It's a wonderful wonderful life
No need to run and hide
It's a wonderful wonderful life
No need to laugh and cry
It's a wonderful wonderful life
A wonderful life
It's a wonderful life...
I just did that to make this blog seem fuller. :P
Hmm I’m trying to think of something else to say… surely there’s gotta be something interesting to say!…hmmm…
*watches the clock go from 2.30 am to 3.00 am*
Nope, I guess that’s it.
Hey wait, I thought about this in making my cell study.
Wouldn’t it be great if we gave a stuff about strangers?
Wouldn’t it be great if we didn't ignore them and treated them as if we treated our friends and family?
Wouldn’t it be awesome if, when we saw a stranger by themselves or a stranger who appears down, to go up to them and talk to them or cheer them up?
Wouldn’t you feel special if someone, whom had no obligations to you and had absolutely no reason to even notice you, actually care about you?
Would it not be great if we cared about not only our friends and family but everyone who God cares about?
Hmm yeah I think it will be a great day when strangers are cared about, when, even though we have our friends and family, we'll still give a hoot about strangers.
A day when we look outside ourselves and our friendship circles and actaully notice that there are people out there, people just like us, who are detached, lost and hurting.
A day when we don't see strangers as annoyancies and unimportant people but as another child dearly loved by God.
Well I thought it’d be great anyway.
“A stranger is a friend you don’t yet know.”


6 Comments:
hmmm....sweeet...
i didnt know that was a new concept, loving everyone and not just the people you know..
there's a song.. something like.. "i forgot that he was made in the image of my God.." .. 'what you do unto the least of these you do unto me' or something, right? that would apply to not just the people we know..?
*the verse was from matthew 25v40.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yeah true, it ain't a novel idea... but wouldn't it be great if people acted accordingly? It's something I've been trying to work towards anyway.
I THINK there was a mesage on that verse on saturday... I'm sure there was a message on it recently anyway...
Heh pete is that another one of your subtle jokes?!! Cos I really dun get what you're trying to say... did I do a typo?
arghh sorry....typo on my behalf! what it was suppose to say was "hey dazz, did i ever had a child".
stupid flippin movie!!!! arghhh i still couldnt believe how crap it was even after a few days.
i reckon the whole movie would have been better if they kept playing around with the guys/gals getting beamed out to outerspace. Like just have the main star get beamed out for now particular reason, and just play around with them...like beaming them up or down randomly. at least it wouldnt have been as stupid as the movie.
btw if anyone wants a movie to watch..go watch the forgotten under tim yao's recommendation.
Post a Comment
<< Home