2005/2006 - The difference between having white and green mayonnaise
Well my first post for 2006! My last blog was probably too long for most of you to read it… which is good in a way.
It’s hard to adjust to the New Year… it always takes a while to get used to 2006. Whenever you write the date we have to break our habit of writing ‘2005’ as we did all of last year. And more importantly, we have to remember the correct year when we look at the expiry dates!! The expiry date of ‘February 2005’ and ‘February 2006’ could be the very difference between drinking a normal carton of milk and drinking some curdy bits of thick, slushy crud. Don’t make the same mistake I did last year! All I can say is that if your mayonnaise is green… it’s NOT a new flavour. Check the year!!!
So how was New Years for all you guys? I spent it in the city with a few people I hadn’t seen for quite a while. It was quite good… until the year 2006 ticked over. We went to this all you can eat buffet, $10. Looked to be a bargain, unlimited ‘food’ for only $10! And all I can say is… the year was only 1 hour old and I had already made a grave mistake. The food there was... or rather, it wasn’t food at all. Never since I had to drink burnt, over watered rice while camping in the bush had I eaten such baaaad food. In all fairness, the food might’ve tasted bearable if we ate it when it was just cooked. So like, if we were there the week before, it might’ve panned out alright. But not so… when you have to chew on a piece of spaghetti 3 times just to break it down! you know you’re in trouble!
We bummed around for a while till around 4am before we took the train home. We managed to catch the EXPRESS to Glen Waverley… so the ride should’ve taken… ohhh… around 40 mins at most? Well fancy that… cos after 1 hour and 20 mins, we were still stuck in the train… talking about Amalia’s love life (which someone incorporated Cheeze’s love life :D)
And after all that… if what happened on New Year’s is anyhow a signal of what’s to come in 2006… I’m utterly screwed.
I’ll try to be a bit more reliable with my quotes this year… I guess if I can't find any suitable ones I'll use my very own quotable quotes!
And here’s a thanks to the following for 2006 thus far.
God - strength
Cowboy Bebop anime – escapism
Malachi 3 – promise
Friends – listening (you know who you are)
Family – nurture (I’ll never complain about food again)
The Age: Peace on Earth CD – space out
Yoko Kanno – jazz music (slick yet comforting)
“Wisdom without integrity is worthless.”
It’s hard to adjust to the New Year… it always takes a while to get used to 2006. Whenever you write the date we have to break our habit of writing ‘2005’ as we did all of last year. And more importantly, we have to remember the correct year when we look at the expiry dates!! The expiry date of ‘February 2005’ and ‘February 2006’ could be the very difference between drinking a normal carton of milk and drinking some curdy bits of thick, slushy crud. Don’t make the same mistake I did last year! All I can say is that if your mayonnaise is green… it’s NOT a new flavour. Check the year!!!
So how was New Years for all you guys? I spent it in the city with a few people I hadn’t seen for quite a while. It was quite good… until the year 2006 ticked over. We went to this all you can eat buffet, $10. Looked to be a bargain, unlimited ‘food’ for only $10! And all I can say is… the year was only 1 hour old and I had already made a grave mistake. The food there was... or rather, it wasn’t food at all. Never since I had to drink burnt, over watered rice while camping in the bush had I eaten such baaaad food. In all fairness, the food might’ve tasted bearable if we ate it when it was just cooked. So like, if we were there the week before, it might’ve panned out alright. But not so… when you have to chew on a piece of spaghetti 3 times just to break it down! you know you’re in trouble!
We bummed around for a while till around 4am before we took the train home. We managed to catch the EXPRESS to Glen Waverley… so the ride should’ve taken… ohhh… around 40 mins at most? Well fancy that… cos after 1 hour and 20 mins, we were still stuck in the train… talking about Amalia’s love life (which someone incorporated Cheeze’s love life :D)
And after all that… if what happened on New Year’s is anyhow a signal of what’s to come in 2006… I’m utterly screwed.
I’ll try to be a bit more reliable with my quotes this year… I guess if I can't find any suitable ones I'll use my very own quotable quotes!
And here’s a thanks to the following for 2006 thus far.
God - strength
Cowboy Bebop anime – escapism
Malachi 3 – promise
Friends – listening (you know who you are)
Family – nurture (I’ll never complain about food again)
The Age: Peace on Earth CD – space out
Yoko Kanno – jazz music (slick yet comforting)
“Wisdom without integrity is worthless.”


5 Comments:
hehe i've already had some bad food this year too - frozen lumpy milk. mmm nice.
woot. well, take courage, coz it can only get better =].
and that frozen milk? eurgh. milk-ice-blocks. :S
dude, you think frozen lumpy milk is bad! the first year i went to beach missions, our milk was lumpy.. when it wasnt frozen! yum yum.
that's just sick daz. remind me nxt time i'm ova at your house not to eat anything =S
hallo i am cool :) think positive
Post a Comment
<< Home