Holy Spirit - drink in moderation
Well the Youth camp was pretty good, not a lot of ‘politics’ happening this year round which was good in a whole heap of ways (I don’t suppose many of you would know what I mean, but meh). I’ve been tired this whole day… I wish I could say its cos I got some kinda Holy Spirit hangover… but in all honesty I’ve probably got the “kids next door were throwing oranges against the wall” hangover. Or perhaps it’s the 6 cups of coffee I had that are finally starting to kick in. Well anyway…
As much as this camp spoke to many about the future, the advancement of growing as a Christian, for me for the majority of the time, it has made me think about my past. How I’ve handled things, how it’s made me the person I am today. It made me think about standards I’ve set upon myself, my commitments, priorities and values that I set a whole while ago. And while it didn’t alter any of the above mentioned, it has reminded me why I’ve set these standards, these values and commitments in the first place. Hmm I guess… having high standards not impossible ones is important. And there were a whole lot of other stuff but I’m really just too tired to jot it down. But there was something God reminded me…
I saw heaps of golden javelins, representing each and every Christian; some were being thrown at the enemy, striking them down, while others were just stuck and trapped to the ground, doing nothing. They were bound to the ground by feelings of worthlessness, rejection, insecurity and hopelessness. And while I was wondering about the whole thing I heard a simple reply – “the truth will set you free” (I later found it was John 8:32). It was such a simple yet profound response to those problems. Reading the Word, meditating on the Word, talking to God, finding out the real truth in this whole matter WILL set you free.
And while it wasn’t exactly new, it was powerful never the less.
But there was something new I received or perhaps just experienced for a little while. For a few years now I’ve been able (or God prompted) to see how people are really feeling. I guess you could call it the ultimate form of reading body language or what not, but I’d like to think its God given. But at camp, there was an extra element to it that was added. When I touched or even though about certain people, I could actually feel what they were going through… and in most cases I didn’t even know the person. It was totally amazing yet absolutely painful. And while the MAD kids next door really were throwing oranges against the wall, the most probable reason I couldn’t sleep was because of this new… phenomena. And in amidst of contemplating all of this, that’s when I saw the picture of the golden javelins. So was this just a once off thing? I’m always weary of myself when what I obtain from an ‘event’ cannot be replicated afterwards.
Well this blog has been all over the place, I’m tired, I’ve got a headache and I can’t even sleep to make it all better! Maybe I’ll patch it up sometime later or perhaps post something extra when I’m not so hung over.
As much as this camp spoke to many about the future, the advancement of growing as a Christian, for me for the majority of the time, it has made me think about my past. How I’ve handled things, how it’s made me the person I am today. It made me think about standards I’ve set upon myself, my commitments, priorities and values that I set a whole while ago. And while it didn’t alter any of the above mentioned, it has reminded me why I’ve set these standards, these values and commitments in the first place. Hmm I guess… having high standards not impossible ones is important. And there were a whole lot of other stuff but I’m really just too tired to jot it down. But there was something God reminded me…
I saw heaps of golden javelins, representing each and every Christian; some were being thrown at the enemy, striking them down, while others were just stuck and trapped to the ground, doing nothing. They were bound to the ground by feelings of worthlessness, rejection, insecurity and hopelessness. And while I was wondering about the whole thing I heard a simple reply – “the truth will set you free” (I later found it was John 8:32). It was such a simple yet profound response to those problems. Reading the Word, meditating on the Word, talking to God, finding out the real truth in this whole matter WILL set you free.
And while it wasn’t exactly new, it was powerful never the less.
But there was something new I received or perhaps just experienced for a little while. For a few years now I’ve been able (or God prompted) to see how people are really feeling. I guess you could call it the ultimate form of reading body language or what not, but I’d like to think its God given. But at camp, there was an extra element to it that was added. When I touched or even though about certain people, I could actually feel what they were going through… and in most cases I didn’t even know the person. It was totally amazing yet absolutely painful. And while the MAD kids next door really were throwing oranges against the wall, the most probable reason I couldn’t sleep was because of this new… phenomena. And in amidst of contemplating all of this, that’s when I saw the picture of the golden javelins. So was this just a once off thing? I’m always weary of myself when what I obtain from an ‘event’ cannot be replicated afterwards.
Well this blog has been all over the place, I’m tired, I’ve got a headache and I can’t even sleep to make it all better! Maybe I’ll patch it up sometime later or perhaps post something extra when I’m not so hung over.


3 Comments:
so deep, eh? post again. i look forward to reading more what you have to say.
YEAH THAT WAS GOOD DARYL....
KEEP IT UP...
wiggedy wack man!
cool!
mat.
Post a Comment
<< Home