Thursday, September 22, 2005

A Desert Adventure

I just wanted to write this before I forget. Well we just had a prayer meeting a few hours (or actually around 5 hours ago) and I saw vision kinda thing that I thought I’d share, perhaps even encourage. (Last time I was supposed to write about when God spoke to me about ‘farmers’ but I was literally just too busy singing Ole’ McDonald Had a Farm and smiling away that I forgot to blog)

I was standing in the desert like area, on a ledge overlooking a plain and I could see Jesus (or a white looking man in white coverings) right at the edge of the ledge, pointing down. It took me a while to understand that I was supposed to look over the ledge, but after praying for around 5 mins (?) I walked over to the edge of the ledge and peered over. And I saw like a town with distinct road partitions. So I kinda asked God what I was looking at. He told me to open my eyes, and heh I was looking right at the word RIOT (for those of you who’ve seen the youth room, there’s the words RIOT YOUTH written on the floor).

So I asked, is the town representing Riot Youth? The answer was yes but you’re also looking at the 12 tribes of Israel. (By this time even though it sounds totally confusing I somehow knew He meant that the town represented every Christian on the world). I then looked back at Jesus and I saw him smiling at the town. I asked why he was smiling (not that there’s anything wrong with that) and the answer was: I’m smiling because I’m looking over my people and I’m looking after them – there is nothing to worry about. I’m smiling because the battle is already won. Every problem, every heart ache, every situation is under the control of God, He’s looking after us.

And yeah after that I felt really happy. I always knew (as head knowledge) that everything was under the control of God… but yet whenever I hear it again and again, it always brings a smile to my face. What happened next was just me taking off my shoes (:S) and worshipping Him, won’t go into detail.

So yeah, as a reminder, or perhaps a revelation, God is always watching over us, he makes the impossible possible. Take comfort that He’s always watching over us, not from a distance, but right in our hearts. The journey may be clouded but the destination is always victory! rawr!

4 Comments:

Blogger - jaz. said...

daryl! keep blogging. i like reading your posts. that's rather cool!

3:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

daryl! that's really really awesome :D yay! RIOT YOUTH is in the hands of God, hehe and Jesus is happy with us :D yay! we must be doing something right :S

9:28 am  
Blogger hungry said...

THAT'S KEWL :)! IT'S COMFORTING TO BE REMINDED THAT GOD IS ALWAYS LOOKING OUT FOR US...

12:40 pm  
Blogger Tim said...

nice one

u should share that at camp

=)

8:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home