Thursday, August 18, 2005

For Pete, the wisest of them all!

Well my friend still hasn’t given me anything for this blog so I guess his inspiration will have to wait for a little while longer. Hopefully I’ll be back to my good ‘ole self n blogging soon. I know probably none of you know why I did this but rest assured I’ve always been happy as Larry (the cucumber) and it’s been good.

Anyway, I just had to blog about an awesome person in which I’ve had a great pleasure of knowing for a little while. That person being Pete Yao! And it’s his birthday so give him a few birthday punches to remember *punch* (x17)

I’m sure this is the same with everyone in that there will be certain names that you attribute different qualities to. You can think of God and words such as Love, Grace and eternal joy flow out. You can think of Osama Bin Laden and you’ll be reminded of terrorism and September 11. And then there’s Pete Yao… and that name reminds of me of a genuine love and care for others.

I dunno if I’ve ever said this to you but your love for others, whether or not you know them personally or not, is astounding, inspirational to say the least. I remember when Brenda asked me and you to try and connect a kid in MAD to other people his age. There was this smile you had that I’ll never forget. A smile of enjoyment in what you were about to do, a smile in anticipation of the love and care you were about to give to a lonely MAD kid. And that’s stuck with me for what I think is over a year now. You’ve never been interested in ‘exclusive’ cliques and you always seem to never stop wanting to grow in the area of outreach to not only to the unsaved but to the many disconnected kids in our youth.

Your love doesn’t stop at your friends but extends to everyone… I get so encouraged that at your age you choose to be different from the norm, not worried about what your other friends may be doing but always concentrating on showing God’s love to every lone stranger.

And it’s that care you have for people, people whom you don’t even know, people who’ll probably never say thank you or perhaps even appreciate what you’ve done, that is so encouraging to many including myself. You are one of the very few in our youth that didn’t stop reading at “love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind” but also continued to read “love your neighbour.” And unfortunately, there aren’t many people who I can say that to.

It is this quality of yours which I hope will extend to all your friends and your cell members because it is only through a genuine love for everyone that our youth group will ever grow above all expectations. I really pray that in the very near future, that there will be more and more people taking your lead.

Proverbs 11:30 says, “The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life and he who wins souls is wise.” And by that standard, you’re the wisest apple in the basket! Keep it up buddy and perhaps one day you’ll be able to see all the lives you’ve impacted, the lives you’ve managed to re-connect to our youth, the lives of which you’ve had an eternal impact upon. And what an awesome sight that will be!

If you were a girl I think I’d marry you… there’s a thought to keep you up at night!

God Bless ya buddy.

3 Comments:

Blogger - jaz. said...

well im a girl. can i marry pete please? .. oh sorry pete, didnt mean to scare you.

amen, though. amen indeed.

3:07 pm  
Blogger PT said...

hahahahahaha....

wow....thanks for all the nice things you said about me but dont lie ;)

and that last thought....wow.....never new anyone could make me shiver like that x_x

6:33 pm  
Blogger matjnewton said...

nice work on encouraging people dazz keep it up

mat.

1:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home