Friday, September 23, 2005

Vote for me cos I'm wearing a blue tutu

Well uni has finally taken a break for one week, which is good cos I couldn't stand the voting propaganda any longer. For some reason, Monash Student Union was having some kinda election and everywhere you looked were die hards trying to shove down their 'how to vote' slips and giving you a lecture on why to vote for them.

You couldn't even get a pasta to eat without someone trying to sell you their party. So not only was I going out of my way to get ripped off by buying some half baked pasta but there were all these crazy people shouting at you on the way! Picture 30 salespeople crammed into a cafe and you'll kinda get the jist of what was happening. Well yesterday I had had enough. And when this girl in a blue tu tu (like seriously, who'd vote for a girl in a blue tutu) came up to me the converstaion went something like this:

TuTu girl: Come vote for 'go'! It's your right, it'll only take 20 seconds of your time.

Me: Will you pay me for wasting 20 seconds of my time?

TuTu girl: Well it's your right to vote, you should want to vote cos you have the right to.

Me: So why should I vote for you?

TuTu girl: Cos... blah blah blah... we're so good, I believe in my party so much that I'm wearing a blue tu tu... blah blah.

Me: And what about the other parties, why shouldn't I vote for them?

TuTu girl: They're so crap... blah blah blah... they don't have any experience in the MSU (monash Student Union)

Me: Well how are they ever going to get any experience if we don't vote them in?

TuTu girl: ...

Me: hmm?

TuTu girl: Well it'll be the end of the MSU if they get into power

Me: Good, when the MSU dies, there'll be no more campaigning and I can eat my pasta in peace.

Well enough politics for this blog. Camp is in a few hours time! Hmm.... oh noes! gotta pack now. Well cya all later. May camp change your life! not just your weekend :)

3 Comments:

Blogger hungry said...

LoL... ATTITUDE DARYL! :P... LoL... SEEING AS THAT I'LL PROBABLY END UP AT MONASH... LoL... I'M SURE LOOKING FORWARD TO IT? *cough*

1:09 pm  
Blogger - jaz. said...

hahaha. blue tutus, all the way.

and ahh. i do pray camp changed lives. and not just a weekend.

2:26 am  
Blogger matjnewton said...

Monash is a windy, windy place.

That said, its degrees have a better reputation than Uni of Melb in nearly all fields now.

And you go .. wait.. no.. Melbourne has sandstone buildings! How can it not be better!

Well, I like sandstone buildings too. But Monash graduates are generally better regarded in professional fields. Not by much.. Cos seriously, most recruiters don't distinguish between Monash and Melbourne.

However, my sister, who did Law at Monash.. told me of times when a big law firm would have those group interview things and it was 90% Monash.

There you go.

Mat.

12:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home