The VCE Affair
Well my exams are over... though I don’t really feel any different, which is good in a way, I never really did care about VCE and I guess I’ll thank God that VCE was never a problematic issue in my life. Hehe, I reckon my VCE caused more stress to my parents than it did me! What a funny world we live in...
Anyway, I was reading the Good Weekend, on the weekend (as you do) and in it there’s a section called the number crunch. Often there’s heaps of interesting statistics about the world but at times I come across fairly worrying ones. For example, in last weekend’s number crunch, this statistic featured:
Proportion of surveyed Chinese people who believe it is acceptable to have an extramarital affair: 23%; of Britons: 11%; of Americans: 9%
I just couldn’t believe it, that nearly one quarter of Chinese people (people like me) think it’s alright to go and have an affair? It’s baffling really, that people still don’t see the horrible consequences of this! Jealousy, hate, mistrust and even murder all can evolve from this and yet people still think it’s ‘ok’. Now I’m not the one to impose my morals on others, but it really just makes ya think what this world’s coming to.
But before this blog gets too serious, there was another statistic, that in one aspect is kinda sad, but funny in another way too.
Proportion of women for whom the only free time in the morning, away form family pressures, is in the bathroom: 29%
(Makes ya think eh?)
Oh and there was this massive quotes section that featured in the Good Weekend too, so I’ll post two quotes for this blog : )
"One year we didn’t release any records and I got an award from some New Zealand magazine, in 1984. I think it was... I got the At-Least-He-Is-Not-Making-Records-Any-More award." - Russel Crowe on his band.
"[Any] politician who’s not a media tart is either retired, dead, about to die or a liar." - Peter Beattie (Queensland premier)


3 Comments:
Every now and again I'll shove lyrics for a song up in that scrolling thing...
I'm hoping to get 92+ for my course... behavioural neuroscience at monash, clayton. So no real stress for me :)
hey mr.daryl, thanks for stopping by my blog...i am now returning the favour *blog*
i'm pretty surprised about that exmarital thing too... i always thought chinese were very family orientated!
Post a Comment
<< Home