The end of the begininng of my life
Ahh... finally, something I’ve been waiting 13 whole years for has finally arrived! (and no it’s not a girlfriend!) The final day of school is drawing near. I dunno how the day will be, lots of shirt signing I guess and water bomb and eggs too. Perhaps the police will get called in again this year or maybe our school will get announced on Fox FM again. Whatever it’s like, it’s gonna be a sad day. It’ll be the last time we sing Jerusalem, the last time we see the school banner, the last time, the last time. Yes, it’s an end of an era for all of us. The last day we’ll all be together.
It’s funny, I’ve always been saying I can’t wait for school to be over, and yet, now that the day’s arrived, it’s like a part of me has been ripped away. I can’t say I was close to each and everyone, but as a school, we were a unit. At swimming carnivals, at the head of the river (a rowing race) and even at the weekly sports events, we were probably always the loudest. And even though our support was at times quite unsportsman like, we were all happy and proud to be there.
Who knows what the future after school will bring. More responsibility, more freedom, basically a better life. And yet, it’s still unbelievable how this year, in fact my whole time at school just finished in the click of my fingers. But I can say, looking back that, that at most times, I enjoyed school. Not the work, or the exams, but just the school itself and the people who made up the school - teachers and students alike. Our teachers even danced for us as an end of year farewell! Hell, one the teachers even cross dressed on stage while our principal tried rapping to eminem! Heh, funny moments, one of many moments I’m hoping I’ll never forget.
So as tonight draws to an end and tomorrow crawls along, I’m curious of what the future will bring and how life after Haileybury will pan out. Who knows what will happen, but I’m excited!
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes." - Jim Carrey (Bruce Almighty)
It’s funny, I’ve always been saying I can’t wait for school to be over, and yet, now that the day’s arrived, it’s like a part of me has been ripped away. I can’t say I was close to each and everyone, but as a school, we were a unit. At swimming carnivals, at the head of the river (a rowing race) and even at the weekly sports events, we were probably always the loudest. And even though our support was at times quite unsportsman like, we were all happy and proud to be there.
Who knows what the future after school will bring. More responsibility, more freedom, basically a better life. And yet, it’s still unbelievable how this year, in fact my whole time at school just finished in the click of my fingers. But I can say, looking back that, that at most times, I enjoyed school. Not the work, or the exams, but just the school itself and the people who made up the school - teachers and students alike. Our teachers even danced for us as an end of year farewell! Hell, one the teachers even cross dressed on stage while our principal tried rapping to eminem! Heh, funny moments, one of many moments I’m hoping I’ll never forget.
So as tonight draws to an end and tomorrow crawls along, I’m curious of what the future will bring and how life after Haileybury will pan out. Who knows what will happen, but I’m excited!
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes." - Jim Carrey (Bruce Almighty)


3 Comments:
well done DAZZA!!
good luck with exams next week onwards.
Where's my mistake? And it's a blog, you're supposed to just splurt stuff out.
.. splurt.. ^^
ehehehe, i like the quote!! hahaha..
mann, i cant imagine finished skool.. but then when i think abt it, high school has passed sooo fast.. onli two years left for me! wowies.
omigosh, but i do NOT wanna see ne ov my teachers cross-dressing n my principal attempting to b eminem. the stuff ov nitemarez... o_0
Post a Comment
<< Home