Crashes
According to the TAC (in a deep voiceover) “speed kills.” But if you’re a laptop, Word kills. More specifically, Word 2005 kills. You thought it was just an innocent program that spat out essays for you, think again! I used it on my laptop, 2 minutes later – dead. Wipe off 2005, save lives. I went to my dad’s laptop, couldn’t even get past typing the first sentence – dead. Only a little typing, you bloody idiot.
I was listening to the radio recently, TripleM in fact. I heard a song that I’m pretty sure I’ve heard before. But when I listened to it this time, something just drew me to it. I was instantly attached to it - and I had no idea why. I listened to the lyrics “like a rolling thunder chasing the winds” and I could make no real sense of it. Why did I like this song so much? Sure the music was good but that wasn’t the reason.
So I googled the song, found out it was sung by Live and the song was called ‘Lightning Crashes’. I went to songmeanings.net and found out that it was written about a girl called Barbara Lewis who had been run over by a drunk driver. She had many of her organs donated and the song was about how her death allowed others to live on. It isn’t the first time it’s happened (Venice Queen comes to mind) and I think it’s amazing that even though most out there don’t know the meaning of these songs, they’re drawn to them – not because they sound cool, or have catchy lyrics – but because, I guess, they sense something deeper and important in them.
I was listening to the radio recently, TripleM in fact. I heard a song that I’m pretty sure I’ve heard before. But when I listened to it this time, something just drew me to it. I was instantly attached to it - and I had no idea why. I listened to the lyrics “like a rolling thunder chasing the winds” and I could make no real sense of it. Why did I like this song so much? Sure the music was good but that wasn’t the reason.
So I googled the song, found out it was sung by Live and the song was called ‘Lightning Crashes’. I went to songmeanings.net and found out that it was written about a girl called Barbara Lewis who had been run over by a drunk driver. She had many of her organs donated and the song was about how her death allowed others to live on. It isn’t the first time it’s happened (Venice Queen comes to mind) and I think it’s amazing that even though most out there don’t know the meaning of these songs, they’re drawn to them – not because they sound cool, or have catchy lyrics – but because, I guess, they sense something deeper and important in them.


2 Comments:
wowow, i love music. :)
and also.. hehehe i parked next to you at Encounter. in case you were wondering. :P
No i wasn't wondering, I KNEW it was you! :P
My car's small but she'll bite back twice as hard...
Post a Comment
<< Home