Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Fortunate Life

Two shepherds were walking down the road when one turned to the other and said:
“Life is unfair. I was just about to get married today but the king has forced me to work away for 6 months! I’m so worried she might go off with another. Why did this have to happen to me? Now I might lose her.”

The other shepherd turned, a bit agitated, and replied:
“At least you’ve got a girl. I have to watch as the women of my town pass me by for the frauds, hypocrites and lustful men. The good are overlooked and the wicked bathe in delight. I would get more reward if I lied, cheated and manipulated. Where’s the justice in that I ask!”

Walking nearby and overhearing their conversation, a blind man turned and remarked:
“At least you two are able to see. I can’t even discern man from woman, a blind since birth and till death. I did nothing wrong when I was born and yet I was punished. Life has given me a life of darkness.”

It was at this point when a beggar (which they thought was a heap of rags) interrupted and shouted:
“Insulting you are! Were you born with deformities and destined as a life as a beggar? I was born on this road, abandoned on this road, and I’ll die on this road. I am a dead man waiting for death. I have had no life to begin with."

The four men were about to escalate in argument when a loud, thunderous roar stormed the road. A flash of what they thought was lightning hit the road. A man appeared from the glare. His hands looked different and he wore a pure white robe.

The man looked at them. The four were astonished.

The man walked towards them. The four could not move nor speak.

And He asked the four:

“So… who wanted to talk about life being fair?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home